ISBN 10: 0134757599
ISBN 13: 9780134757599
Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code 2st Edition
- Understanding the process and general principles of refactoring.
- Quickly apply useful refactorings to simplify program understanding and modification.
- Recognition of «bad odors» in the code, indicating the possibilities of refactoring.
- Learn refactorings, each containing explanations, motivation, mechanics, and simple examples. tests for your refactorings
- Recognize the tradeoffs and barriers to refactoring.
For more than twenty years, experienced programmers around the world have relied on Martin Fowler refactoring to improve the design of existing code and improve the usability of software maintenance, as well as to facilitate understanding of existing code.
About the Author
«Any fool can write code that the computer can understand. Good programmers write code that people can understand»
(M. Fowler — 1999)
Martin Fowler. Born and lived in London, England. In 1994, the USA moved. He currently lives in Boston, Massachusetts. Author of several books and articles on software architecture, object-oriented analysis and development, UML, refactoring, extreme programming, subject-oriented programming languages. Author’s site: martinfowler.com